EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We’re looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team to help us develop and build the best products to protect those that put themselves in harm’s way.
You’ll work on designing, coding and testing firmware for Company Six’s robotic products.
- Experience with embedded linux systems.
- Comfortable programming in C/C++ for embedded systems.
- Comfortable working in C/C++ and writing applications for embedded Linux.
- Working knowledge of shell scripting.
- Basic knowledge and interest in electronics, schematics, layout tools and related systems.
- Comfortable troubleshooting PCBs and reworking components as needed.
- Ability to use lab test equipment to diagnose firmware issues (oscilloscope, etc).
- Comfortable using GIT for source control.
- Ability to use Slack for team collaboration.
- Comfortable working on the linux kernel, troubleshooting issues and debugging problems.
We’d be particularly delighted to hire someone with:
- 5-15 Years of experience working with embedded linux systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Working knowledge of consumer electronics manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with Nordic nRF52 series chips.
- Experience using CI/CD workflows to automate build processes.
- Experience performing root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
- Willingness to travel to Boulder 1-3 times per year.
- Experience with power constrained systems and linux low power modes.
Most importantly, we are looking for:
- People who care deeply about creating robots that help save lives.
- People who are team players and enjoy wearing many hats to achieve our goals.
- A commitment to being part of a thoughtful, ethical and inclusive workplace.
This position can be remote in the US or onsite at our beautiful Boulder Colorado office. While our headquarters is in Boulder, we have employees located in many locations throughout the world.
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $110,000 - $140,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Benefits: Company Six offers 100% paid medical plan (buy up plans also available), dental and vision insurance; short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, AD&D insurance, stock options, unlimited PTO, every other Friday off, ability to work remotely full time, and a cell phone reimbursement.
We encourage and welcome applicants with any and all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and competencies. All decisions regarding hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge are based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the business. We are an equal opportunity employer.