We’re looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team to help us develop and build the best products to protect those that put themselves in harm’s way. You’ll work on designing, coding and testing PCB's and hardware for Company Six’s robotic products.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
- As an EE at company six, you will own and coordinate all stages in the electrical development process; ideation, system architecture, design & analysis, documentation, fabrication, and production.
- Ensure the EE development process is following engineering principles and are meeting CO6’s internal design standards (design reviews, complete documentation packs in Altium). Generate new or modify existing standards.
- Ensure handoff to manufacturing partners is smooth by establishing great communication channels, relationships, and workflows.
- Work in a Quality Assurance capacity to determine appropriate level of component, system, and/or life testing to verify designs.
- Diligently assessing risks and articulating risk with team members and management. This will require interactions with leaders inside and outside of the CO6 team.
- Provide service to Project Management during scoping, planning, and schedule updates
- Component tolerance studies, analog circuit simulations & board level design.
- Perform Failure analysis and returned unit debugging and test.
- Design and support factory test fixtures and procedures.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or bachelor’s in the sciences with equivalent work experience.
- 5 Years minimum work experience.
- Design for EMC/ESD immunity EMC & coordinate regulatory compliance.
- Experience with RF design (BLE, WiFi, LTE), verification, and certification.
- Extensive schematic capture and high density PCB layout experience, preferably in Altium.
- Part selection / alternative part selection / Supply chain support with HK and CMs.
- Design of battery management systems, MEMS sensors, MCUs, analog sensor interfaces and motor driver circuits for mobile robot applications.
- Strong grasp of test equipment operation and component level debugging skills.
- Experience with consumer product development and Asian manufacturing.
- Brushless motor driver and control experience
- Embedded programming or firmware development experience is not a firm requirement but is certainly considered valuable.
- Soldering and basic circuit assembly and prototyping skills.
- Self motivated to set and meet aggressive goals with minimal supervision.
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail. Must be very organized.
- Must be able to act as an individual contributor in addition to being a strong team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Other relevant info:
Remote: This position can be remote in the US (US citizenship required) or get to work hybrid onsite at our beautiful Boulder Colorado office. While our headquarters are in Boulder, we have employees located in many locations throughout the world.
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $100,000 - $130,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills and certifications. CO EPEW 2020 Act
Benefits: Company Six offers 100% paid medical plan (buy up plans also available), dental and vision insurance; short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, AD&D insurance, stock options, unlimited PTO, every other Friday off, ability to work remotely full time, and a cell phone reimbursement.
EOE: We encourage and welcome applicants with any and all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and competencies. All decisions regarding hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge are based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the business. We are an equal opportunity employer.